We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We follow the changes made by these agencies so that we are up to date on any new guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations. We have installed UV light, air purifiers that use PECO technology to actually destroy allergens, hydrocarbons, bacteria, molds and viruses. PECO technology meets all applicable criteria outlined by FDA guidance for air purifiers that may help reduce risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
We are taking extended safety measures to further protect our patients and team by implementing the following protocols:
- We monitor the health of all staff, as well as anyone who enters the office in order to limit possible exposures.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients which might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, pamphlets, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- A measurement of your temperature and COVID-19 Patient Screening will be taken when you enter. The number of patients in the office will be limited and appointments will be staggered to further aid in social distancing. Please refrain from bringing any unnecessary family, friends, or partners along except where the patient will need help getting in to and from the office.
- Everyone entering the building and office will be required to wear a mask covering your mouth and nose.
Here is what you can expect before your next appointment:
- You will receive an appointment reminder via text, voice and/or email. Please confirm your appointment.
- You will need to answer some COVID screening questions and up-date other forms prior to your appointment which can be done through our website. Click on “For Patients” and then “Patient forms”.
- We ask that you please monitor your temperature before coming to the appointment.
Here is what you can expect when you arrive for your appointment:
- When you enter the office, we will take your temperature and you will be asked the COVID -19 evaluation questions again.
- Once in the treatment room patients will pre-rinse with a recommended oral rinse to help kill viruses in the oral cavity.
- In-order to be compliant with suggested best practices, our office has been using upgraded forms and increased amounts of personal protective equipment, or PPE, to protect patients and staff members from the transmission of COVID-19.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe and healthy in our practice.
To contact us for an appointment or a concern, please call our office at 1-216-292-5990.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to demonstrating our commitment to protect our patients, neighbors and friends.